Time of Poss.
WAYNE, N.J. – The seventh-ranked Salisbury University football team secured a perfect regular season with a 42-13 road with over the William Paterson Pioneers in New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) action.
Final Score: No. 7 Salisbury 42, William Paterson 13
Records: Salisbury (9-0, 7-0 NJAC) | William Paterson (2-8, 0-7 NJAC)
Location: Wightman Stadium, Wayne, N.J.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury scored on their opening possession of the game. Three plays after a Michael Fowler 47-yard run put them in a goal-to-go situation, Jack Lanham scored an 11-yard touchdown run three minutes into the game.
- After forcing a William Paterson three-and-out on their opening possession of the game, Mike-Ryan Mofor doubled up Salisbury's lead with a 21-yard run in the middle part of the first.
- Right before the end of the quarter, Lanham ran the ball 66 yards down to the edge of the goal line. Shamar Gray would capitalize on Lanham's long run as be busted through from a yard out to put Salisbury up 21.
- Back-to-back runs by Hopeton Mair stretched Salisbury's lead to 28. Mair got the Sea Gulls to the three-yard line on a 39-yard run. A play later, Mair crossed the goal line from the three.
- William Paterson had a long 11:09 drive which was capped off by a Terrique Riddick touchdown run with 55 seconds left in the half.
- Salisbury took advantage of a kickoff out-of-bounds when a three-play, 65-yard drive was bookended by a Devon Fowlkes 36-yard touchdown run to put Salisbury up 35-6 heading into the halftime locker room.
- Mofor put the final points on the board for Salisbury two plays after a 33-yard run by Gray. Mofor would tote the ball eight yards for a touchdown and give Salisbury the 42-6 lead.
- William Paterson kept fighting as they were able to score with 5:49 left in the game with a Tracy Fudge 11-yard touchdown pass to William Frese.
- Salisbury notched 499 yards of total offense and held William Paterson to 165 yards.
- Salisbury converted 6-of-8 third downs.
- As a team, 11 different ball carriers totaled 440 rushing yards.
- Jack Lanham notched a game-high 89 yards on four carries and a touchdown on the ground.
- Mike-Ryan Mofor tallied a pair of scores on six carries for 48 yards.
- Shamar Gray and Michael Fowler registered 73 and 62 yards on the ground respectively.
- Hopeton Mair and Devon Fowlkes also collected rushing touchdowns.
- Myles Christian paced the Salisbury defensive effort with nine tackles, two tackles for loss and a pass breakup.
- Harold Kwigova and Joseph Manso each recorded six tackles.
- Austin Farinholt secured 1.5 sacks while Matthew McFarland and Sam Pavlick each tallied a sack.
- Bert Schrecongost went 6-for-6 in point-after attempts.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Salisbury locks up their third undefeated regular season in program history. The Sea Gulls also finished undefeated in their national finalist run in 1986 and in 2004.
- Salisbury secured the NJAC Championship and the league's automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament.
- Salisbury will await their tournament draw as the field is announced on Sunday at 5:30 p.m.